Summer/Fall 2018 – PR Internship – Film & TV
Term: Sept 2018 to December 2018
Syndicado is seeking highly motivated, smart, pro-active candidates for a 3 month internship starting in Sept in our Distribution group. Candidates must have a passion for Indie film and documentaries but also appreciate the ‘business’ aspect of show business. Candidates must be resourceful, in research, and familiar with the idiosyncrasies of social media communication.
Being able to make phone calls and do outreach is key to the success of this role.
- Writing press releases.
- Curating and fact checking press materials.
- Updating the newsletter on a monthly basis
- Working with the team internally to help plan and schedule all outreach materials for key titles and releases.
- Other duties as may be required.
The ideal candidate would be selected for ongoing placement in the same role, starting out part time with the goal toward full time based on overall business.
- Strong written skills. Must be confident in reaching out to the public through social media.
- General office program skills – MS Office, MailChimp, and Photoshop.
- Graphic design and layout; an ability and flare for creating GIFs helps.
- WordPress and limited web maintenance.
- Impeccable research, proofreading, and fact checking skills.
- Knowledge and practice of using social media; keen sense of wit, relevance and understanding to
develop grass roots support for films, locally or on VOD.
- Must be extremely organized, able to juggle multiple priorities and have a keen attention to detail.
Candidates must be willing to commit a minimum of 2 days per week. We’re flexible with exams or other
commitments. The company will provide the necessary documents to fulfill any university or college credit
requirements. Core expected hours are 9am to 5:30pm.
Please send cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this role, what your short term career goals are
and a CV to: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Due to the volume of applications in past postings, we are only able to respond to
short listed candidates. We thank you in advance for your time and interest, and wish you all the best in your
About Syndicado: Founded in 2009, Syndicado was launched as a film and television distribution
company focused on digital (VOD) distribution and some TV sales. 2014 marked our growth in to
theatrical distribution and renewed focus on TV sales in Europe, Canada and the USA. Most of our
clients are established sales agents and distributors for who we distribute their titles on the major digital
outlets such as iTunes, Netflix, hulu, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, vudu, Dish, Comcast, and more,
covering territories worldwide.